1.30.2009

THE LIST: Stand-Up Comedy

Another feature I'll be adding to the blog (in addition to TGIM and the eventual regular short fiction entries) is THE LIST.  What is THE LIST?  Glad you asked.

THE LIST is a list (pun intended!) of things I'd like to do, see, experience, etc.  Not a before I die thing, just a general checklist of things I'd like to do.  Hopefully putting them in a public setting will encourage a little bit o' poking and prodding to make it happen.  And I'll use the tags to make sure you can keep track of them.

The inaugural THE LIST item is one that's been on my mind for a while.  I've already mentioned it to a few people, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately.  Especially since Troy loaned me Demetri Martin's CD and said, "I imagine that he talks the way you think."

Before this year is done, I'm going to do some stand-up comedy.

I don't have any illusions about how good I'll be (awesome) or where I'll be (Laugh Factory), but I know I want to do it.  I've seen Comedian a couple times, so I know how hard it is to even get ten good minutes together, but I'd like to think that this will be something awesome that I at the very least give a shot to.  I don't see it as a career move, but never say never.

Here's a special bonus for you:

Ah, crap.  I need to add voice-over artist to THE LIST.

No comments: