3.22.2009

No Excuses

From time to time, often when drunk, I'll tell people that I don't believe in excuses. Excuses are just things to hide behind; reasons to preempt success with obstacles that delay it (I also don't believe in failure). I don't believe in them and I don't have any. I'm no Sean Stephenson, but I got off my But a while ago and haven't looked back.

I made a promise to myself, and this was before I got laid off, that I would finish a screenplay by the end of March. I've been living with and working on LYP since New Year's Eve. It's a story I really believe in and connect with, and even though it's not 100% figured out, and even though I haven't made any substantive progress on the actual nuts and bolts of the written screenplay, I will finish it by the end of March.

I looked at the calendar on my wall (a Walking Dead calendar for those that care) and counted out the days remaining. Including today, which will be largely wasted unless I get my ass to sleep, I have exactly 10 days.

Ten days, one screenplay, no excuses. It's on.

No comments: