2.24.2010

Get Thee to the Comic Shoppe!

It's that day again, New Comic Day. But this day, much like Passover, different than every other. And that's because of one very special book. I've typed it before and I'll type it again, but this is the day that BROKEN TRINITY: PANDORA'S BOX #1 hits stores.

This has been a very long journey for me. I could say it begins last May/June when Filip approached me about pitching the series. Or more than two years ago when I edited the initial event helmed by the incomparable Ron Marz and friends. But as this is my first series (to actually see print, which is a longer story for a different time), it's the culmination of a dream I've had since my cousins first introduced me to comics in a Florida time share and the purchase of my first comic, Marvel Comics Presents #85 by Peter David and Sam Keith.

My short-form work (backups, one-shots) have been a fantastic experience for me, but this is the first shot I've had to tell a full story with space for characters and real moments. We're all doing our best to make sure each one delivers. I am both honored and humbled by anyone who chooses to plunk down their hard-earned cash and buy the book today (or at any point in the future).

For those in the LA area, just a reminder that I'll be signing this and anything else you'd like (preferably babies) from 2-5pm at Dream World Comics in West LA (details here). Bryan Edward Hill will be signing in St. Louis at Star Clipper (details here).

In case you need more convincing, here are a few choice tidbits for you:



Also, I'd like to give a shout-out and a hearty thanks to everyone who worked on this book: Alessandro Vitti, Sunny Gho, Troy Peteri, Tommy Lee Edwards, Phil Smith, Filip Sablik, Ron Marz, and of course, the man that needs no introduction... Bryan Edward Hill, without whom this book wouldn't sing.

No comments: