1.04.2010

TGIM - 2010

For a lot of people, myself included, 2010 didn't really start until today.

Everyone was still "on vacation" until work was back in full swing. There's some wisdom to that, too, given that work takes up the majority of most people's lives. Why start doing something when you have more time only to wind up with no time once work is back in your system. You'll only end up feeling like a failure if you can't maintain. If you suddenly find yourself back at work and taking care of your goals/resolutions... that's quite a feeling.

And as for me, Mr. My Work Is My Resolution... things are good. I dove into dealing with all of the editorial craziness first thing, then nearly killed myself trying to do the Fit Test for Beachbody Insanity. Followed that up by passing out for a minute and then had a good meeting about an upcoming writing opportunity with someone I've been not writing with for years. If I've ever mentioned the Hawaiian thing to you, same guy here. The rest of the day making notes and discussing a long-dormant project that is very much alive again. I knew 2010 was going to be awesome, but it's really starting off well and there are a lot of things that have yet to even get close to falling into place.

It's a new year. And that means it's a new opportunity to fix past mistakes and make the most of tomorrow's opportunities. I'm not taking that for granted. I still haven't done my "writing for the day" yet, so I'll get to that in a bit.

So far, so good, 2010. I like you already.

No comments: