7.22.2009

The San Diego Comic-Con Post (2009)

Hey faithful readers,
how are you? I'm headed down to San Diego for a little thing we like to call Comic-Con (or SDCC for those who don't have time for anything but acronyms). Wanted to drop you guys a quick line to let you know where I'll be at, as well as how to reach me or keep up with me during the show. If you're a creator or friend reading this and attending the show, let's definitely make sure to hook up while we're down there.

My main gig is promoting Days Missing from Archaia/Roddenberry, and we'll have the first issue on sale at both booths (#2635 and #2734 respectively), as well as creators such as Phil Hester and Frazer Irving (issue #1), David Hine and Chris Burnham (issue #2) and Ian Edginton in a rare US appearance (issue #3) on hand to sign. They're all quality people turning in damn fine work, so be sure to support them, so please come to the panel and check out the book.

My 404 mobile number is now disconnected, so anyone dialing that will find themselves SOL when trying to reach me. Don't call it. Either email or message me on twitter for the new number, or just click this handy little link. It will send you direct to voicemail, but only because I'm leery of putting my number out there for bots. Leave a message, I will get back to you. Unless I hate you.



I will be providing live updates from the show via twitter, and you can follow me @roblevin. Expect updates, pics, quotes, and drunken twittering (hopefully with pictures).

THURSDAY
12-1pm - LongBox Panel - Room 32AB - I'm not on this, but anyone not attending is foolish. And Rantz is a very forward-thinking individual.
1-2pm - Top Cow signing - Booth #2629 - with Phil Hester and Michael Broussard
2:30-3:30pm - Days Missing Panel - Room 3 (featuring all the creators, series creator Trevor Roth, Eugene Roddenberry, and the Archaia crew)

FRIDAY
Just floating around, sitting in on a couple panels. Might be an announcement about some editing I'm doing at one, but I don't want to talk out of turn.

SATURDAY
4:30-5:30pm - Top Cow Panel - Room 7AB - not on it, but I always support the Herd. Who knows, maybe they'll announce something of mine...
5:30-6:30pm - American Original Panel - Room 7AB - same as the LongBox panel, if you're not here, you're missing out. Really curious to hear more of Jeff Katz's nefarious plans to improve media.

SUNDAY
11:00am-12:00pm - Top Cow signing - Booth #2629 - with roommate extraordinaire Nelson Blake II and Michael Broussard

Obviously I won't bore you with my meetings/partying schedule, but I'll be doing that tip, as well as hanging out at the Archaia and Top Cow booths. Just don't go asking them where I am if you can't find me. A freelancer has to roam, after all.

P.S. Did everyone know there's an awesome SDCC iPhone app? It's like having a program guide with you when you forget to have a program guide with you. Only downside is there isn't a way to view the panels/booths/etc. you select as favorites, so the favorite feature is kind of useless.

No comments: