12.16.2009

Updates! Press! More!

I've been behind. There's a million reasons, but I'll be blogging better in the new year, just maybe not the way you've come to expect. More details on that over the coming weeks. For now, let's do a quick recap combined with some mild whoring. If I don't plug it here, how else will my mother know when to run to the comic shop...

I returned from the icy tundra that was Thanksgiving in Ohio to much nicer weather in LA, got a bit of work done, and then have been largely sluggish when it comes to writing ever since. Been rolling on a few things (comics and film) with the immensely talented Bryan Edward Hill, and we just secured an artist for a new project that should make it a no brainer sale. Now all I need is more time in the day to hit him back with some thoughts on this other story.

Broken Trinity: Pandora's Box has taken up the bulk of my time of late between scripts and idle thoughts, not to mention interviews. Here's the latest on that:

Opening Up Pandora's Box - Part 1
Opening Up Pandora's Box - Part 2

Before that hits stores in February, January sees my The Darkness one-shot, Shadows and Flame with art by Jorge Lucas and colors by Felix Serrano on shelves.


Last week saw my first writing work published by DC Comics with a Ragman yarn in the DC Holiday Special 2009. Newsarama's Best Shots crew gave it the following review:

Wow, a Ragman story. You don't come across these much. I love how this goes back and forth between the story of the Maccabees and Ragman handing out some street justice. Rob Levin really delivered on the script and Brian Ching just nailed the art.

Look for that in shops everywhere, and special thanks to Michael Atiyeh, who has done some of the best work of his career on this short story. Mike, I owe you one...

I also cut my hair, proving I lied about my promise not to cut my hair until I finished my screenplay. I didn't finish it, but 6.5 months worth of reminding wasn't doing anything to get me going. A challenge from The Hill Administration will hopefully get me on the right track there, but that's a post for another time.

I'll be better about everything soon, it's just been crazy times and I've felt my creativity sapped at times, so I need to put it into work instead of wasting my time writing about who knows what on the blog. Money's still a little tight and there are no new checks in sight...

That's all the plugging I can stomach for right now. If you're still reading, thank you. 2010 really feels like it's shaping up to be a break-out year for me. If you're curious as to why, stay tuned to this space and the twitter.

No comments: