10.01.2009

Google Wave - We Are Go


Got my preview invite to join the latest and greatest Internet sensation, GOOGLE WAVE, a bit earlier in the night. Not much to do with no contacts (so far I invited Hill and Sunny, the latter of whom I had to bribe to lock him in on our series), so I'm not sure what the hullabaloo is about.

Within minutes of me twittering that I had received an invite, no fewer than 9 strangers all asked for invites. I was shocked and appalled, and then Sunny did the same thing. But I know him, and he asked nicely, so he got one. It's not instant though, so we'll see how long it takes.

For those not in the know, you can get some info HERE or HERE or do a quick google search and see all about what's planned. Google is describing it as what email would be if it were invented today, with all of our technological advancements. I'm looking at it mainly as a tool for collaboration both with Hill on anything we write (should be perfect for brainstorming) and to have live conversations with entire creative teams. Socially I'm not as interested in it, but we will see...

No comments: